- Since Katrina: NASA Advances Storm Models, Science
- NASA Global Modeling and Assimilation Office scientists are simulating hurricanes and improving our understanding of hurricane behavior using computer models run at the NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS).
- New Animation Shows Millions of Earth Observations for Forecasting
- More than 5 million observations accumulate every 6 hours to drive weather forecasts run by NASA's Global Modeling and Assimilation Office at the NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS).
- 200 Sandy Bridge Nodes Upgraded to SLES 11/SP3
- The NCCS Discover team has upgraded the operating system on more than 200
of the 16-core IBM "Sandy Bridge" nodes to SLES 11/SP3.
- Discover Operating System, SLES11 SP3 available on SCU10 (Haswells)
- On February 2, 2015, the NCCS made SCU10 with SLES11 SP3 available to users. Users should recompile their codes under the
SLES11 SP3 environment to ensure that all the correct libraries are being
- Ways to Optimize your Slurm Turnaround
- The NCCS is implementing the next phase in the Slurm resource manager
deployment. We have prepared some recommendations to optimize job
turnaround using Slurm that we encourage Discover users to review and
incorporate. Please click on the following link to read more.
- Topic: Lessons learned from SP1 to SP3 Brown Bag.
- Aug 31, noon - 1 p.m. in Bldg. 33, Rm H118
- NCCS User Forums Scheduled for 2015
- The NCCS has scheduled the next User Forum for October 20, 2015, 2 - 3 p.m. in Building 33, Room H114.). Light refreshments will be served. For additional information or to suggest an agenda item, contact the NCCS User Services Group at 301-286-9120.