- NASA Shares in HPCwire Award at SC15
- A team from the NASA Center for Climate Simulation, Cycle Computing, Amazon Web Services (AWS), and Intel Corp. received a 2015 HPCwire Readers' Choice Award at the international SC15 conference in Austin, Texas.
- Staff from across NASA will be at the 27th Annual International Conference for High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage, and Analysis, Austin, TX, November 15-20, giving technical talks around the conference and in the hyperwall theater at the NASA booth (#333). Come see why HPC matters to NASA missions in aeronautics, Earth and space science, and human and robotic space exploration.
- 200 Sandy Bridge Nodes Upgraded to SLES 11/SP3
- The NCCS Discover team has upgraded the operating system on more than 200
of the 16-core IBM "Sandy Bridge" nodes to SLES 11/SP3.
- Discover Operating System, SLES11 SP3 available on SCU10 (Haswells)
- On February 2, 2015, the NCCS made SCU10 with SLES11 SP3 available to users. Users should recompile their codes under the
SLES11 SP3 environment to ensure that all the correct libraries are being
- Ways to Optimize your Slurm Turnaround
- The NCCS is implementing the next phase in the Slurm resource manager
deployment. We have prepared some recommendations to optimize job
turnaround using Slurm that we encourage Discover users to review and
incorporate. Please click on the following link to read more.
- NCCS User Forums Scheduled for 2015
- The NCCS has scheduled the next User Forum for October 20, 2015 (POSTPONED), 2 - 3 p.m. in Building 33, Room H114.). Light refreshments will be served. For additional information or to suggest an agenda item, contact the NCCS User Services Group at 301-286-9120.