- New Animation Shows Millions of Earth Observations for Forecasting
- More than 5 million observations accumulate every 6 hours to drive weather forecasts run by NASA's Global Modeling and Assimilation Office at the NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS).
- 200 Sandy Bridge Nodes Upgraded to SLES 11/SP3
- The NCCS Discover team has upgraded the operating system on more than 200
of the 16-core IBM "Sandy Bridge" nodes to SLES 11/SP3.
- Scientists Link Earlier Melting of Snow to Dark Aerosols
- NASA researchers ran a climate model at the NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS) to examine how light-absorbing aerosols can darken snow and accelerate melting.
- Discover Operating System, SLES11 SP3 available on SCU10 (Haswells)
- On February 2, 2015, the NCCS made SCU10 with SLES11 SP3 available to users. Users should recompile their codes under the
SLES11 SP3 environment to ensure that all the correct libraries are being
- Ways to Optimize your Slurm Turnaround
- The NCCS is implementing the next phase in the Slurm resource manager
deployment. We have prepared some recommendations to optimize job
turnaround using Slurm that we encourage Discover users to review and
incorporate. Please click on the following link to read more.
- NCCS User Forums Scheduled for 2015
- The next NCCS User Forum has not yet been scheduled. The date, time, and location will be posted here when they have been decided. The presentation slides for the last User Forum, convened on July 22, 2014 are now available at the following link: