- How Does Big Data Help Us Understand Climate Change?
- Climate change is a real threat to our planet, with destructive consequences already being felt across the globe. Dr. Daniel Duffy, High-Performance Computing Lead at the NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS), explains how big data is essential to the task of studying climate change.
- MERRA-2 Science Snapshots
- MERRA-2, now running at the NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS), expands on the Modern Era Retrospective-analysis for Research and Applications (MERRA) by including observations from many new data sources. The total number of assimilated observations now approaches five million per 6-hour assimilation cycle.
- 200 Sandy Bridge Nodes Upgraded to SLES 11/SP3
- The NCCS Discover team has upgraded the operating system on more than 200
of the 16-core IBM "Sandy Bridge" nodes to SLES 11/SP3.
- Discover Operating System, SLES11 SP3 available on SCU10 (Haswells)
- On February 2, 2015, the NCCS made SCU10 with SLES11 SP3 available to users. Users should recompile their codes under the
SLES11 SP3 environment to ensure that all the correct libraries are being
- Ways to Optimize your Slurm Turnaround
- The NCCS is implementing the next phase in the Slurm resource manager
deployment. We have prepared some recommendations to optimize job
turnaround using Slurm that we encourage Discover users to review and
incorporate. Please click on the following link to read more.
- NCCS User Forums Scheduled for 2015
- The NCCS has scheduled the next User Forum for October 20, 2015, 2 - 3 p.m. in Building 33, Room H114.). Light refreshments will be served. For additional information or to suggest an agenda item, contact the NCCS User Services Group at 301-286-9120.