- NASA Scientists Explain the Art of Creating Digital Hurricanes
- At NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center a team of scientists spends its days incorporating millions of atmospheric observations, sophisticated graphic tools and lines of computer code to create computer models simulating the weather and climate conditions responsible for hurricanes.
- GEOS-5 Science Snapshots (Updated)
- NASA's Global Modeling and Assimilation Office has made advances with its Goddard Earth Observing System Model Version 5 (GEOS-5) as varied as studying warming in the stratosphere and Arctic and creating a Soil Moisture Active Passive (SMAP) Level 4 product for studying global carbon, all using the NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS).
- Hal Domchick: From Data Technician to Facilities Mastermind
- Over his 47-year NASA career Domchick took a hands-on and precise approach to managing facilities for organizations including the NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS).
- 200 Sandy Bridge Nodes Upgraded to SLES 11/SP3
- The NCCS Discover team has upgraded the operating system on more than 200
of the 16-core IBM "Sandy Bridge" nodes to SLES 11/SP3.
- Ways to Optimize your Slurm Turnaround
- The NCCS is implementing the next phase in the Slurm resource manager
deployment. We have prepared some recommendations to optimize job
turnaround using Slurm that we encourage Discover users to review and
incorporate. Please click on the following link to read more.
- GSFC Python Boot Camp 2016 Training
- The Goddard Python Users Group will be hosting the Goddard Python Boot
Camp 2016 (PBC2016) training on June 13th , 15th , and 17th at the Recreation Center.
- NCCS User Forums Scheduled for 2016
- The next NCCS User Forum has not yet been scheduled. The date, time, and location will be posted here when they have been decided. The presentation slides for the last User Forum are now available at the following link: