// ARE YOU ELIGIBLE?
The NCCS provides computing services to its users, both in and outside of NASA. Our users are typically participating in:
NASA affiliated research
Research in partnership with NASA
Research that utilizes NASA data
If your work is included in the list above, you are most likely eligible to get an account. Please keep in mind that eligibility also includes your ability to complete the NASA/NCCS user account process.
If your work is not included in the list above, but you are interested in utilizing NCCS resources/data services, please contact email@example.com to request a consultation. You can also find out more about how to participate in NASA research here.
// ACCOUNT SET-UP
ACCOUNT SET-UP: BECOME AN NCCS USER
Potential NCCS Users must accomplish certain prerequisites to gain access to the NCCS systems. This video gives a summary on how to establish a NASA Identity, complete the IT security training, and request an RSA SecurID token.
ACCOUNT SET-UP: REQUESTING AN NCCS USER ID
Once you are awarded an allocation on NCCS computing resources, you are ready to request a NCCS user ID.
- In order to obtain access to NCCS computing resources, it is necessary for each user to have a NASA Identity.
- PI’s are responsible for authorizing NCCS user ID’s for all users under the awarded allocation for NCCS computing resources.
- If you do not have a NASA Identity, one should be established for you either by your PI's Goddard Space Flight Center Directorate, Division, Office or Branch, or by the NASA Center with which you are affiliated.
- If you are a non-NASA PI or your PI is a non-NASA user requesting access under a non-NASA PI's computational project, and you are not currently affiliated with either the Goddard Space Flight Center or another NASA Center, the NCCS will establish your NASA Identity.
// FOREIGN NATIONALS
If you are a foreign national for whom the NCCS is establishing a NASA Identity, NASA Security requires you to personally visit (by appointment) a NASA Center to be photographed and fingerprinted as part of your background check.
A foreign national is defined as anyone who is NOT a U.S. citizen, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR), nor U.S. Protected Individual.
Foreign National requests for NCCS user ID access to NCCS computing resources should be directed to the NCCS User Services Group.CONTACT US
// NCCS USER ADMINISTRATION REQUESTS
All requests should be made by submitting the NAMS Request "GSFC NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS) Access":NAMS Request
If you do NOT have access to NAMS or do NOT have a NASA Identity, use the fillable NCCS User Administration Request form, then follow the submission instructions below.Fillable PDF
NCCS USER ADMINISTRATION REQUEST FORM: INSTRUCTIONS
- Form must be digitally signed.
- Type all information.
- Unless labelled as optional, all items are required.
- Requests will not be processed unless all required information is provided.
- Incomplete forms will be returned to the user for completion.
NCCS USER ADMINISTRATION REQUEST FORM: SUBMITTING FORMS
The completed NCCS User Administration Request form (and any additional required documentation) may be returned by one of the following methods:
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
NASA Center for Climate Simulation
User Services Group, Mailstop 606.2
Greenbelt, MD 20771
NCCS USER ADMINISTRATION REQUEST FORM: PROCESSING TIME
- Requests made of the NCCS User Services Group are processed as quickly as possible and on a first-in, first-out basis.
- Requests may take 10 or more working days to be completed.
- Requests for foreign nationals, legal permanent residents, naturalized U.S. citizens, and users without a NASA Identity may take longer, as they must first be processed by NASA Security.
- All users and PI’s will be notified by email when their requests have been completed.
// ALREADY RECEIVED YOUR INTRO EMAIL?
Visit this page to further set up your account.
// CONTACT US
Questions, problems, comments, and suggestions concerning the NCCS may be directed to the NCCS User Services Group by mail, email, fax, or telephone.CONTACT US