- NASA Study Finds Carbon Emissions Could Dramatically Increase Risk of U.S. Megadroughts
- Droughts in the U.S. Southwest and Central Plains during the last half of this century could be drier and longer than drought conditions seen in those regions in the last 1,000 years, according to a new NASA study. Analyzed climate projections include those from a model run at the NASA Center for Climate Simulation.
- Discover Operating System, SLES11 SP3 available on SCU10 (Haswells)
- On February 2, 2015, the NCCS made SCU10 with SLES11 SP3 available to users. Users should recompile their codes under the
SLES11 SP3 environment to ensure that all the correct libraries are being
- Modeling in the Field for GPM
- The NASA Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS) recently partnered with NASA Goddard Space Flight Center modelers to support ground- and aircraft-based campaigns for the Global Precipitation Measurement (GPM) satellite mission in two distinct regions of the United States.
- Ways to Optimize your Slurm Turnaround
- The NCCS is implementing the next phase in the Slurm resource manager
deployment. We have prepared some recommendations to optimize job
turnaround using Slurm that we encourage Discover users to review and
incorporate. Please click on the following link to read more.
- Topic: Discover Cluster Upgrades: Hello Haswells and SLES11 SP3, Goodbye Westmeres
- Feb 3, noon - 1 p.m. in Bldg. 33, Rm H114
- NCCS User Forums Scheduled for 2014
- The next NCCS User Forum has not yet been scheduled. The date, time, and location will be posted here when they have been decided. The presentation slides for the last User Forum, convened on July 22, 2014 are now available at the following link: