// COLLABORATIVE REANALYSIS TECHNICAL ENVIRONMENT (CREATE)
The Collaborative REAnalysis Technical Environment (CREATE) collects all available atmosphere and multiple ocean reanalysis data into one centralized location at the NCCS, standardizing data formats, providing analytic capabilities, visualization analysis capabilities, and overall improved access to multiple reanalysis datasets.
CREATE’s Primary Components:
- Data – Includes CREATE-IP (Intercomparison Project) Data Collection, standardization, and ESGF and THREDDS distribution.
- Visualization – CREATE-V – an interactive tool to visualize reanalysis in support of reanalysis intercomparison and climate change investigation.
- Analytics – Includes Server Side Analytics and an Application Program Interface (RES)
- Use Cases – The opportunity to compare multiple reanalyses supports climate science use cases.
Reanalysis is a comprehensive record of how weather and climate changes over time.
- Reanalysis focuses on global observation and numerical model data simulation of Earth’s environmental variables.
- Reanalysis data extends over decades, and covers the globe from the Earth’s surface to beyond the stratosphere.
- Reanalysis is used in climate research and in commercial/business applications in the energy, agriculture, water resources, and insurance sectors.
// CREATE QUICK LINKS
CREATE-V is an interactive tool that visualizes reanalysis to enable reanalysis intercomparison and climate change investigation.
CDS offers data processing and publication services via Earth System Grid Federation (ESGF). (ESGF provides access to CMIP5 climate model data, and allows scientists to search, download, and visualize distributed data.
The Reanalysis Ensemble Service (RES) enables users to make queries on reanalysis datasets.